Skip to main content
First Aid/CPR (5/7/21) (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- RWC, Redwood Campus, Grants Pass
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Offers a basic life support (BLS) plan for emergency care of cardiac victims until EMS arrives. Helps students recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and cardiac arrest that pose a threat to life. Using techniques that emphasize the importance of compressions, airway management, and assisted breathing techniques (CABs), students are taught assessment skills that allow evaluation of one- and two-rescuer strategies on adults, children and infants (excluding newborns), airway obstruction relief, and how to appropriately use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The first aid, CPR, and AED section covers the critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest. Students learn how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock, and other first aid emergencies. Building on these skills is basic Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training. It provides the skills necessary to respond to a community's immediate needs in the aftermath of a disaster when emergency services are not immediately available. Successful completion of the course leads to two certifications from the American Heart Association: American Heart Association's Emergency First Aid Heartsaver ® card and an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider card, both valid for two years.
- HE252: Students' accounts will be charged an additional $28 for American Heart Association content sections of BLS, and $28 for First Aid, for a total of $56.
- HE252: This is a hybrid course that is on line and will have one required in person meeting on 5/7/21 Friday, May 7 from 1:30-6:20pm, at RWC-T1. As a web based course, it requires students to have access to internet. The required Zoom orientation is Tuesday, April 6 at 6:45pm. Students will be given the Zoom code before the course begins. Student may call instructor for further information before course begins.
- or WR90
- or WR91
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 70
- Book Cost Notes
This section has low cost book pricing options. Prices are subject to change.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees