Skip to main content
Introduction to Mechatronics (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- TRC, Table Rock Campus, White City
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Uses a Parallax Boe-Bot as the centerpiece for students learning mechanical assembly, programming, and motion control in automated systems. Introduces digital concepts including binary number systems and basic logic as well as concepts and components in DC electronics fundamentals. Includes fundamentals of programming in PBasic; instruction on how to interface input/output ports to LEDs, sensors, and audio piezo speaker elements; and electrical assembly techniques, safety, and soldering of through-hole and surface mount components. Students design, program and implement final Boe-Bot projects to demonstrate course content mastery.
- Hybrid Classes: This course will run in hybrid format with some course content delivered in person and some online. Specific schedules will be sent out to students on what sessions to attend prior to the class starting. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com.
- or ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Score: 75
- or ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra Score: 20
- or ACCUPLACER College Algebra Score: 1
- or WR90
- or WR91
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 70
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees