Skip to main content
Introduction to Operating Systems (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Develops competency in basic and advanced concepts and commands of the three industry-standard operating systems. Emphasis is placed on installation and conductivity of the operating systems. Topics include the comparison of various operating systems (Windows, Linux and Apple), input/output control, introduction to the command line, software and operating systems installation, customization, and windowing environments. Designed for students in any discipline.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- Students must have access to a PC that meets or exceeds the following requirements: 4GB RAM, 40GB free hard drive space, download bandwidth 5+Mbps, Multi-core CPU 1.8+GHz, 1366 x 768 or greater display and Hardware Virtualization (VT-x) enabled. This course is not compatible with a PC that has an M1 or ARM-based CPU. Students will need access to a PC with an Intel based CPU.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees