Skip to main content
Technical Writing (Fall 2019)
- Course ID
(Full, Waitlist Available)
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Fall 2019 lasts from Monday, September 23, 2019 to Friday, December 6, 2019
- Waitlist Details
- 10 out of 10 available (0 slots used)
- Teaches students to communicate technical information in an accurate, detailed, formal, and functional way. Students will learn to make decisions about the purpose, audience, organization, and design of technical documents and presentations. This course emphasizes a problem-solving approach to technical communication, whether in oral, written, or visual form. The course provides students with the knowledge and opportunity to research and write a professional technical manuscript, analyze workplace situations requiring technical investigation, and deliver an oral presentation using PowerPoint software to an audience. WR227 is offered both in a computer lab classroom and online.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees