Skip to main content
Business English I (Fall 2019)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Fall 2019 lasts from Monday, September 23, 2019 to Friday, December 6, 2019
- Gives students a firm and thorough foundation in the fundamentals of business writing by focusing on grammar basics, mechanical skills in writing, sentence structure, proofreading and editing skills, and vocabulary development. The course surveys the basic conventions, purposes, and strategies of standard written English, and therefore develops students’ confidence in their own ability to write effectively at the college level. Students are given extensive practice in these areas, applying what they have learned to typical business situations, language, and formats. Special attention is given to paragraph and essay development.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees