Skip to main content
First Aid/CPR (Summer 2019)
- Course ID
|Tu Th||5:00PM-6:50PM||RVC-C113||G. Kuhs|
- RVC, Riverside Campus, Medford
- Summer 2019 lasts from Monday, July 8, 2019 to Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Offers a basic life support (BLS) plan for emergency care of cardiac victims until EMS arrives. Helps students recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and cardiac arrest that pose a threat to life. Using techniques that emphasize the importance of compressions, airway management, and assisted breathing techniques (CABs), students are taught assessment skills that allow evaluation of one- and two-rescuer strategies on adults, children and infants (excluding newborns), airway obstruction relief, and how to appropriately use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The first aid, CPR, and AED section covers the critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest. Students learn how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock, and other first aid emergencies.
Building on these skills is basic Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training. It provides the skills necessary to respond to a community’s immediate needs in the aftermath of a disaster when emergency services are not immediately available. Successful completion of the course leads two certifications from the American Heart Association: American Heart Association’s Emergency First Aid Heartsaver® card and an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider card, both valid for two years.
- Pocket mask and book required and must be purchased in RCC's virtual bookstore before date needed.
- Additional $6 is charged for BLS HE261, and $21 for HE112 courses, for the completion card earned and has already been included within the registration fees.
- Requires online component as part of course.
- Ability to use the Internet, e-mail, and the Rogue Online course management system is required.
- or WR90
- or WR91
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 70
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees