Emergency First Aid (Summer 2019)
- Course ID
- RWC, Redwood Campus, Grants Pass
- Friday, July 19, 2019 to Friday, July 26, 2019
- Teaches students the critical skills necessary to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. Course allows more time for in-depth practice and testing in CPR as well as setting a scene for safety, learning about blood borne pathogens, AHA chain of survival, and the Good Sam Law.
Upon successful completion of the written and practical portions of the course, students will receive an American Heart Association’s Emergency First Aid Heartsaver® card.
- Pocket mask and book required and must be purchased in bookstore before date needed. The bookstore and cafeteria are closed on Saturdays (and on Fridays during summer term).
- Additional $3 is charged for each completion card earned and has already been included within the registration fees.
- Students not needing this course for program completion but want the AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider card it provides, might consider registering for 9.438A CPR Basic Life Support Provider instead. This is a non-credit alternative and is not financial aid-eligible. An additional $6 is charged for each BLS card and $21 for each Heartsaver card and has already been included within the registration fees.
- Book Cost Notes
This section has low cost book pricing options. Prices are subject to change.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees