Skip to main content
CPR Basic Life Support - Provider (Summer 2019)
- Course ID
- RWC, Redwood Campus, Grants Pass
- Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Offers a basic life support plan for emergency care of cardiac victims until Emergency Medical Systems (EMS) take responsibility for the victim. This is a Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider course designed to help students recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and cardiac arrest that pose a threat to life. Using techniques that emphasize the importance of the "CABs," students are taught assessment skills that allow evaluation of Compressions, Airway management, and assisted Breathing techniques using one- and two-rescuer strategies on adults, children and infants (excluding the newly born), airway obstruction relief, as well as how to appropriately use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Manikins are used in all intensive skill areas. The course is intended to introduce (as well as enhance existing) skills and concepts and leave students with a firm understanding of their limitations as first responders while building confidence in their ability to provide basic life-saving care. Course is taught at the Provider level through the American Heart Association and results in a CPR, Basic Life Support Provider card upon successful completion.
- Pocket mask and book required and must be purchased in bookstore before date needed. The bookstore and cafeteria are closed on Saturdays (and on Fridays during summer term).
- Call 541-245-7504 for questions.
- Book Cost Notes
This section has low cost book pricing options. Prices are subject to change.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees