Business English II (Winter 2019)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Winter 2019 lasts from Monday, January 7, 2019 to Friday, March 22, 2019
- Increases student proficiency in writing clear, well-developed, well-organized, articulate business messages, with emphasis on advanced grammar application, proofreading, and business research. This course teaches advanced grammar concepts, reinforcing knowledge of sentence structure, basic paragraph and essay development and organization, basic punctuation, verbal phrases, redundancies, consistency in verb tense, pronoun agreement, subject/predicate agreement, parallel structure, and advanced uses of punctuation. In addition to strengthening grammar skills, students will apply those skills to a second objective: developing proficiency in writing clear, detailed, and organized expository prose. Students will be given frequent practice in crafting a topic sentence or thesis, targeting an audience, developing a message, and persuading an audience. Additionally, students will gain research practice with APA citation format.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- Requires Internet access and familiarity with Rogue Online course management system.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees