How to Respond to a Bomb Threat
- Print off and keep a copy of the Bomb Threat Call Checklist near your phone. Take the time to familiarize yourself with the form. This is especially important if your position requires you to answer a high number of external calls (Switchboard, Counseling, Facilities Coordinator, etc.).
- Turn off portable radios and avoid cell phone use.
- Notify Security immediately after any reported bomb threat, no matter how it has been communicated (phone call, note, graffiti, and word-of- mouth).
- If you should ever receive this type of call, fill the Bomb Threat Call Checklist out during the call if you can or as soon as you have notified Campus Security.
- Notify Campus Security immediately if you find items like backpacks, briefcases, or packages that appear to be unattended or left by the owner.
- Report any suspicious activity to security and to your supervisor.
- If you are unable to contact Security or are unsure of what to do call 911.
- Take the time to review RCC Safety and Security information on the Safety website.