Green Team Events
Campus and Community Events
Know of an event? E-mail us and we'll get it posted! [email protected]
The Plastic Round-up is, September 25, 9am to 4pm at the following locations:
- Redwood Avenue Southern Oregon Sanitation Depot
- SPARC Enterprises on Washington Blvd.
Recycle all your normally non-recyclable plastics at one easy location!
An Earth Day Celebration, April 22, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. around the Student Center on RCC's Redwood Campus, Get ready for Sustainapalooza 2015!
The Environmental Sustainability Club and ASGRCC hosted a carnivalesque celebration in which local sustainable vendors, businesses, and organizations participated. Our goal was to promote environmental awareness and education, celebrate all the earth has to offer, and show people how thinking sustainably can be fun and interesting. There was no cost for admission for this event. 3rd Degree fire spinners performed at the event and the T-Club and Bitter Harvest Lullaby provided music. On the Farside Café and Rogue Coffee Roasters offered food and drinks.
Local vendors who participated:
- Arbonne International
- Bill Bagwell's Bowls
- Gary J Ranch Goats and Soaps
- Gary Solarman Company
- Kit Bell's Tie Dyes
- Lynn's Designer Aprons
- Nancy Campbell's Tarot Card Readings
- Rogue Natural Living
- Southern Oregon Seed Oils
Local organizations who participated:
- American Cancer Society
- Christ on Campus
- Clean Forest Project
- Energy Trust of Oregon
- Josephine County Animal Shelter
- Josephine County Master Gardeners and Plant-a-Row
- Josephine County Master Recyclers
- Kids Garden Project
- National Weather Service
- Sierra Club
- Siskiyou Field Institute
- Wildlife Images
RCC faculty and students who took part included the RCC Science Department with their annual plant sale, massage students provided FREE massages, Russ Mitchell led nature walks, and John Salinas and his chemistry class demonstrated beer and root beer home brewing and made ice cream. The Ballroom Dance Club and Dig It Improv Group performed as well.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this event a success: the community participants, performers, volunteers, and RCC. You can look forward to a Sustainapalooza 2015 next spring!
Green Drinks, sponsored by THRIVE
- First Wednesday of every month 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Contact Susan Huntley at [email protected].
- Last Monday of every month 5:30 to 7:30 pm at Standing Stone Brewery. Contact Fred Grant at [email protected].