2018 Transgender Youth Scholarship Fund (ID 3817)
- Start Date:
- $500 to $1000
- Project Female is proud to announce the establishment of the 2018 Transgender Youth Scholarship Fund, a new fund awarding monetary scholarships to deserving self-identified Transgender and Intersex college-bound youth.
"The main purpose of this fund is to identify, support and empower the next generation of Transgender youth by recognizing and celebrating their achievements," said Rebecca Moore, Senior Managing Director of Project Female. "We are especially interested in supporting transgender youth who have shown an interest in creating positive social change."
The initial scholarships will be offered in the amounts of $500 to $1000 each. In order to be considered for a scholarship, applicants must be under 25 years of age, be enrolled in high school or college, have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or better, and submit a written or video essay along with other supporting documentation.
- Min GPA:
- Max Age:
- To be considered for this scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Identify as Transgender or Intersex
• Be out about your gender identity
• Be under 25 years of age at the date of application
• Be currently enrolled in high school or college
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or better
• Submit a written or video essay as instructed
• Submit a completed and signed application with all requested supporting documents
• Agree to use scholarship award towards school-related expenses