Newsome Melton $1500 Student Leadership Scholarship (ID 3783)
- Start Date:
- “A student leader is somebody who assumes responsibility to make change in their school or community,” said attorney Rich Newsome. “Student leaders build teams, inspire others, and model exemplary conduct.”
Newsome Melton started the Student Leadership Scholarship to recognize student leaders and to help them get an education that will allow them to continue their efforts to make a difference in their communities.
“We hope the recipients of this scholarship continue to build their leadership abilities and get an education that gives them the knowledge and experience to do great things in their life,” said attorney Frank Melton.
- Min GPA:
- • 3.0 GPA;
• History of leadership at school or in the community;
• Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited college or university;
• Complete essay on one of the topics listed below;
• Submit unofficial transcript;
• Submit resume documenting leadership experience, training, and accomplishments; and
• Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Special Criteria:
- Please write 500 to 1,000 words on one of the following topics. Applicants must submit a PDF version of their essay using the application form on the right side of this page.
• How has your personal, academic, or community experience shaped you as a leader?
• What is the role of a leader?
• How do you envision your leadership experience helping you in your future career?