Axon Optics Migraine Story Scholarship (ID 2657)
- Start Date:
- It’s often said that knowledge is power. At Axon Optics, we’ve used our knowledge to help those who, to an extent, are powerless. Over 10% of the population suffers from migraine attacks. It is the 8th most disabling illness in the world. As the leading provider of eyeglasses and contact lenses that block the wavelengths of light shown to reduce light sensitivity and migraines, we assist hundreds of individuals who suffer with this incurable illness.
As part of Axon’s pursuit of knowledge, we are excited to announce the launch of our scholarship contest. The winner will receive $1,000 to assist them in their pursuit to further their education. We are committed to supporting students in their educational path.
- Any current, full-time student of an accredited two-year or four-year American university or college is welcome to apply. There is no age or specific major requirement.
- Special Criteria:
- Students who fit the eligibility requirements listed above can apply for the scholarship. To enter, applicants must submit an essay (maximum of 300 words) or video (Less than 1 minute) on one of the following topics:
What is your migraine story?
What is your light sensitivity story?
To submit your essay or video:
1) Post your submissions on AT LEAST one of your personal social media accounts.
Video entries: load the video to your social media account of choice.
Essay: Post your essay on your social media account of choice OR share a link to the document via Google Doc or another similar platform. (If you share the link online, make sure you allow “Read Only” and don’t provide editing privileges.)
Social Media Instructions
Facebook, Google+: At the end of your post add the following www.axonoptics.com | #mymigrainestory
Instagram: after you post your video, in the caption www.axonoptics.com | #mymigrainestory
YouTube: In your video title include #mymigrainestory and in the description add this link: axonoptics.com
We encourage you to share your post(s).
2) Email the Axon Optics Scholarship Committee
Once posted to your social media account, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Link to post / video
Your school, major, and graduation date