Joseph J. LoRusso Fall 2018 Essay Contest (ID 2466)
- Start Date:
- The Law Office of Joseph J. LoRusso P.A. understands that obtaining a college degree is often the foundation of a successful career in the modern economy. We also are well-aware that the rising costs of higher education can but a significant financial strain on both students and their families. In some cases, the costs associated with attending college may keep achieving the dream of earning a degree out of reach for some students. As a result, we are extremely proud to be offering a $1,000 college scholarship to the winner of the Biannual Joseph J. LoRusso College Scholarship Essay Contest. Details regarding the essay topic and application procedure are detailed below.
- The essay contest is open to students who are planning on attending an accredited United States college or university during the Fall 2018 semester. Both current college students and those starting college next spring are welcome to apply.
- Special Criteria:
- In order to participate in the contest, applicants must submit a 500-600 word essay answering the following question as an attachment (.doc / .docx) to email@example.com by 7/1/18, 9am PST.
Applicants should also submit the following information in the body of their submission email:
• Their name, address, phone number, and date of birth
• Their parents contact information, if the applicant is under 18 years old
• The name of the institution they plan on attending
• The course of study they plan to pursue
Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
• Responsiveness to the question
• Grammar and style
• Thoughtfulness and originality
• The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
• Proper use of citations
The scholarship award will be issued to the winner’s college / university of choice.