John Foy and Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship (ID 2008)
- Start Date:
- Here at John Foy & Associates, we are known as the “Strong Arm of Georgia”. We are a tough Atlanta Personal Injury law firm that will fight to the finish for our clients. But our associates know that not every battle is fought in the courtroom. Fighting a disease requires more than a legal “Strong Arm”-it requires a dedicated team of medical staff, loved ones and countless more. Fighting leukemia requires determination, drive and diligence in both the patient and the patient’s loved ones. Often, the battle is a solitary one, isolating the patient and family. Our firm associates recognize this. That’s why we are delighted to introduce the first-ever John Foy & Associates “Strong Arm” Leukemia Scholarship.
Our $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one college student who has battled leukemia or whose life has been affected by it. “We are honored to be a part of this brave community,” said firm founder John M. Foy. “We started this scholarship to raise awareness of the issues that face leukemia patients and their family members.” Leukemia is the most common cancer in children and teens, and it’s one of the most diagnosed in adults.
A phenomenal amount of medical research has been successful in raising the survival rate in children from 10% in the 1970s to more than 80% today. If you or someone you love have been affected by this disease, you have already been in the fight of your life. Now you have a chance to attend college and move in a positive direction, by educating yourself to secure a brighter future. As attorneys, we appreciate the intrinsic value of a college, not just as a formal education but also as a way to advance your life. Let us help you help yourself. The John Foy & Associates “Strong Arm” Leukemia Scholarship is open to high-achieving college students.
- (404) 400-4000
- Cancer Survivor or Family Member
- • Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate or you are incoming freshman at an accredited institution in the United States.
• Applicants must submit an official high school or college transcript.
- Special Criteria:
- The John Foy & Associates “Strong Arm” Leukemia Scholarship is open to high-achieving college students who meet this criteria:
You or a loved one have been affected by leukemia.
You are enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student, graduate student, or you are an incoming freshman at an accredited institution in the United States.
To apply, you must write a 500 to 1000 word essay on one of the three topics listed below and submit an official high school or college transcript. You may only apply online at this website. Our attorneys will determine a selection committee to choose the winner and the winner will be announced publicly through the media and featured on our website. It is our hope that our scholarship program will inspire young people who have been affected by this very common type of cancer to lead inspired lives.
Application Essay Topics:
Write a 500 to 1,000 word essay on one of these three topic questions:
1. How has living with your or your loved one’s leukemia affected your education?
2. What adjustments have you made as student to accommodate your or a loved one’s leukemia?
3. What one obstacle do people with leukemia face that you would like the general public to know about?
Include a paragraph statement on how this scholarship would benefit you. This paragraph will not count towards the word count of this essay.