Edward G. and Helen A. Borgens Elementary and Secondary Teacher Education Scholarships (ID 1939)
- Start Date:
- Two one-time, preferred amount awards of up to $1,500 for students twenty-five (25) years of age or older. One award is given to students studying to teach at the elementary school level, the other to students studying to teach at the secondary level.
Mail the completed application packet to the national vice chair of the specific scholarship for which you are applying. The application packet must be complete and arranged in the order listed below. ALL original transcripts, letters of recommendation and other required documents must be sent to the national vice chair of the specific scholarship postmarked no later than February 10 in a single package. Photographs will result in disqualification and should not be included. Scholarships are judged and awarded without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin or disability. The application package must be stapled or paper clipped in the top left hand corner not to exceed 15 pages. A separate application must be submitted for each scholarship. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NOTE: Application must be typed or computer generated.
• Scholarship Application (must be typed or computer generated – see box below).
• Statement of 1,000 words or less setting forth his/her career objectives (typed).
• Original transcript of high school (must indicate class rank, size, and test scores) or college grades (as applicable). Major must be indicated on original transcript where specific major required. Home schooled students include transcripts for grade 9 through current year must be sent with application.
• All scholarships with a minimum grade point average (GPA) are based on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent GPA on the scale used by the applicable educational institution.
• Letters of recommendation (at least two but not to exceed four from high school or college now attending). Letter should cover applicant’s ability, work habits, integrity, character, potential, and volunteer activities.
• List of extra-curricular activities, honors received, and scholastic achievements (one side of 8 1/2'' x 11'' paper).
• Photocopy of United States citizenship: birth certificate, naturalization papers, or information page of U.S. Passport. Cover your photograph if you are submitting a copy of naturalization or passport pages.
• Financial Need Form: when called for by a specific scholarship (typed or computer generated).
• Self-addressed, stamped postcard.
- Min GPA:
- Min Age:
- All applicants must have at least a 3.50 GPA, be at least a college sophomore, and attend or plan on attending an accredited college or university. The award is based on academic merit and is not automatically renewable; however, recipients may reapply for consideration as long as they meet the eligibility requirements
- Special Criteria:
- Mail completed ELEMENTARY scholarship application form to:
National Vice Chair Edward G. and Helen A. Borgens Elementary Teacher Education Scholarships
204 Bratton St
Winnsboro, SC 29180
Mail completed SECONDARY scholarship application form to:
National Vice Chair Edward G. and Helen A. Borgens Secondary Teacher Education Scholarships
1394 Lakeview Dr
Bountiful, UT 84010