Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (ID 1910)
- Start Date:
- The five Soroptimist Clubs of the Rogue Valley will be giving eleven awards, five at $2000 and six at $1000.
- The Live Your Dream Award was designed to help women who have primary financial responsibility for their family, who are in school or a training program and who need help to pay for their expenses. Chances of receiving an award are excellent for those submitting a qualifying application as we have received fewer than 30 applications each year for the past several years.
The five Soroptimist Clubs of the Rogue Valley will be giving eleven awards, five at $2000 and six at $1000.
The top five winners will advance to our regional level to compete for additional awards of up to $5000, with the possibility of going on to our international competition for $10,000.
These cash awards are given to women who are seeking to improve their economic status by gaining additional skills, training or education. The awards can be used to offset costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, including tuition, books, supplies, child care or transportation.
- Financial Need:
- You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you:
• Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate
• Do not have a graduate degree.
• Provide the primary financial support for yourself and at least one dependent. (A dependent can be
a child, spouse, partner, parent or sibling.)
• Have financial need and are prepared to list your family’s annual living expenses and annual
• Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or
immediate family member of either.
• Have not previously been the recipient of a Live Your Dream Award (previously called the
Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Award).
• Reside in one of the Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories
(Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico,
Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States, Venezuela).
U.S. applicants must have a U.S. Social Security Number or Tax I.D. Number.
- Special Criteria:
- How to Apply:
Go to https://www.soroptimist.org. Scroll down to “Live Your Dream: Education & Training Awards for Women” and click on “Learn more about the Live Your Dream Awards”.
Scroll down to “HOW TO APPLY”
When asked to choose a club for submission, choose: North Valley Soroptimist