Disability Services Scholarship
Purpose:To facilitate educational and/or psychological testing for enrolled RCC students.
Description: Application for a scholarship in the amount from $100 to $300, based on a financial need scale, to be applied towards the cost of off-campus educational testing. Applications may be submitted any time during the year and are awarded on a first-come basis until the available funds are expended for that school year.
- Must be 21 years or older. If younger, must demonstrate high school completion or ineligibility for local school district educational testing.
- Must be currently enrolled at RCC in six (6) or more credits. If enrolled in less than six (6) credits, student eligibility will be determined by the Disability Services Coordinator on a case by case basis.
For assistance completing this application or if you have any questions, contact:
Josephine County: Redwood Campus Disability Services Coordinator in the Wiseman Tutoring Center or by calling (541) 956-7337
Jackson County: Riverside Campus Disability Services Coordinator, G Building, Room 207, or by calling (541) 245-7537
- Meet with the Disability Services Coordinator at the campus where you take the most classes for a screening and referral for testing.
- Complete FAFSA application, if you haven’t already. Fill it out whether or not you believe you will qualify or immediately use the financial aid. This will be used to establish your level of financial need in order to determine the amount of the award. You can pick up a paper FAFSA form at a RCC Rogue Central counter (RWC: Student Services Center and RVC: Upstairs in G Bldg.) OR you may apply on-line at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
Note: Processing time is generally reduced to two days, rather than two or more weeks, when the FASFA form is submitted on-line instead of being mailed.
- Complete the scholarship application and student agreement form, and return them to your campus Disability Services office.
- The Scholarship Committee will review applications and contact applicants within seven (7) working days once FAFSA information is available.
After Application Approval:
- Contact an evaluator to make an appointment for the educational evaluation.
- After completing the evaluation, contact Disability Services for an appointment to review testing results and to determine eligibility for academic accommodations.