RCC Board of Education
The RCC Board of Education sets the standards for the district through board policy which governs the operation of the college. Duties of the Board include:
- Setting policy pertaining to the welfare of the college
- Select and appoint the president/chief administrator/clerk
- Adopt the annual budget
- Review the hiring and compensation rate of contracted employees
- Review site acquisition and utilization and physical plant development and matters of capital outlay
- Review and consider reports regarding programs and offerings including new associate degree programs
- Adopt a college calendar.
- Provide for the establishment of the necessary procedures to assure proper accounting of receipts, disbursements of college funds, those of student organizations and other funds under the supervision of the college.
- Provide for the annual audit of all funds of the college, of student organizations, and other funds handled under the supervision of the college.
- Authorize needed elections on matters that call for a vote of the people.
- Consider communications and requests from citizens or organizations on matters of policy and administration.
- Authorize the college president to establish citizen advisory committees.
- Certify the tax levy to the county assessor.