Requirements and Prerequisites
The Clinical Laboratory Assistant program has a limited enrollment. You will be required to take a placement test to determine skill level and readiness in math, reading and writing. Cohort students must meet the following minimum academic requirements. Enrollment is limited by the number of clinical placements available.
- CS120 - Concepts in Computing I
- MO100 - Medical Terminology - Introduction
- MTH65 - Algebra II
- RD30 College Reading (or designated placement test score)
- WR115 - Introductory to expository Writing or
- CPR AND American heart Association First Aid (you must take the BLS for Healthcare Providers and the Heartsaver First Aid Course. The following courses for credit run every term:
- HE261, CPR (1 credit)
- HE252, First Aid/CPR (3 credits) or non- credit 9.438
- BLS/CPR for health care providers
- HE 112 is the First Aid only course.
(or designated placement test scores)
Prior to clinical:
- Immunization records (see application packet)
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a urine drug screen
- Admission occurs once per year. Deadline for submitting program application material is May 1st, 5pm for fall term 2014 (see application packet).
- Transcripts must be in the Enrollment Services office by the application deadline to be considered eligible.
- All prerequisite/preparatory courses must have been taken with a letter grade and completed with a “C” or better, before program start.
- Online Application must be completed
- All applications will be date stamped and reviewed in the order received.
- Applicants will be selected by committee on criteria developed in advance.
- The screening process includes an interview and criminal background check.
- Accepted students will be required to complete or show certification and Heartsaver, First Aid card of an AHA CPR BLS certification