Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)

VRAP provides training towards an Associate's Degree, Non-College Degree or Certificate that leads to a high demand occupation as determined by the Department of Labor. VRAP offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans. Started on July 1st, 2012, the VRAP offers up to 12 months of retraining assistance to Veterans who meet all the following criteria:

  • Unemployed
  • At least 35 but not more 60 years old
  • Have an other than dishonorable discharge
  • Not eligible for any other VA education benefit programs (e.g., the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment)
  • Not in receipt of VA compensation due to Individual Unemployability (IU)
  • Not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
  • Not enrolled in a federal or state job training program

VRAP Approved High Demand Occupations

RCC VRAP Students Program Information please read carefully:

  • VRAP students are not eligible for RCC Commercial Truck Driving program because VRAP requires full-time status (12+ credits) throughout the extent of the program. 
  • VRAP students are not eligible for RCC Associate of General Studies (AGS), Associate of Art-Oregon Transfer(AAOT), and any Associate of Science Transfer Degrees (AS)
  • VRAP students are eligible for all Certificate and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees.

Steps to Apply for VRAP Education Benefits:

In addition to following the steps necessary to enroll in classes at RCC, there are steps you must follow if you intend to apply for Veterans Educational Benefits.
In order to receive VA Educational Benefits, you must be pursuing a degree or certificate program that has been approved by the VRAP benefit. The Veterans Certifying Official on either campus can tell you if your program of interest is approved by the VA.

To begin receiving educational benefits, veterans must complete an Application for Education Benefits, and provide the VA with a copy of their DD-214 as part of the online application process. Other documents may be required depending on their VA Chapter and as requested by the VA.

After applying for Educational Benefits, please contact the RCC Veterans Office. The Veterans Certifying Official will open a file for you and complete an Enrollment Certification form to activate your benefits.

Please note: The Certifying Official in the RCC Veterans Office does not determine your eligibility for benefits. Your eligibility is determined by the Veterans Affairs Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma when you apply online. This process takes up to 12 weeks to process, so please plan accordingly.

Apply online at VONAPP

The information listed below will help you to understand the options available to you before you start the electronic application process. All applicants: After completing the application, print a copy for your records. Mail a copy of your DD214to:

Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 8888, Muskogee
Oklahoma, 74402-8888