1098-T Tax Information
Federal regulation allows those eligible to receive IRS Form 1098-T the option to receive the form in an electronic format instead of through the mail. In order to exercise this option, eligible recipients must provide consent to receive the form in an electronic format. If you are interested in receiving an electronic 1098-T, you can provide this consent via the Rogue Community College myRogue site.
What are the benefits to receiving the 1098-T Form electronically versus through the regular postal mail?
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process, up to 4 weeks earlier (January 9, 2015).
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T Form even while traveling or on assignment away from their home address.
- Go Green and save the environment.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically:
Go to myRogue, log in and select the "I wish to receive my tax documents electronically" checkbox.
Thank you for your response.