Phatfusion Scholarship (ID 4081)
- Start Date:
- At PhatFusion, we value education highly and also believe in giving back to our community at large. As you already know, we are also passionate about promoting sleep awareness. Keeping all of these things in mind, we created this scholarship to both help further that cause and to help students pay for the increasing costs of higher education. This scholarship is intended to be used for tuition during the 2018-19 school year.
- Min GPA:
- • Applicants must be current high school seniors attending school in the United States OR current college students already studying at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens
• Applicants must be anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application or already in possession of high school diploma / GED
• Applicants must be planning to or already currently pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
• Applicants must be carrying a minimum 3.0 GPA currently or at the end of their senior year
- Special Criteria:
- We, at phatfusion.net, are looking for creative video applications that answer the following two questions:
How important do you think, is sleep as a public health issue? Sleep has become a matter of concern in recent years because of the crazy schedule everyone follows. Using research and statistics, let us know how you think it has been affected.
Along with the research, describe your sleep pattern and the quality of your sleep. Mention at least two to three lifestyle/ sleep hygiene changes that can improve your sleep health. Also, discuss how to implement those changes over the coming year.
1. Create a short video (no more than four minutes in length) answering the questions above and upload it to Youtube with the title “PhatFusion – Sleep Scholarship Application”
2. Create a single page google word doc and, in it, answer the following questions
Note: Please use full sentences and feel free to elaborate if you have more to say about any of these questions.
• On a typical school week, what time do you wake up?
• Is your waking up time different during the weekends? If so, what time do you wake up?
• Do you feel sleepy during your classes? What time do you feel the most sleepy?
• Did you have enough sleep during your finals week? Or was it too much or too little? How many hours on an average did you get to sleep?
• Where do you usually put your phone when asleep? What mode do you keep your phone on – ringer, silent, vibrate?
• Do you have a routine time to go to bed every night? If so, what time is that on weekdays and weekends?
• What’s generally the last thing you do before going to bed?
• Have you ever been diagnosed with a sleep disorder?
• Have you ever felt like you have trouble sleeping? If yes, in what way has that affected you?
3. Please send us a link to the video, google doc with complete answers to the survey above, with:
• Your full name, mailing address, and telephone number
• The name of the college/university that you will attend with proof of enrollment
• What majors/minors you’re currently interested in