Keller Law Offices 2019 Academic Scholarship for Higher Education (ID 4057)
- Start Date:
- Keller Law Offices is proud to announce the 4th year of its Annual Scholarship for Higher Education. We understand that there are a lot of outstanding young people who, without financial assistance, would not be able to go to college. To help open the door to the world of higher education, Keller Law Offices is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who submits the strongest essay focusing on the given topic.
- Full(12+ Credits)
- Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is open to any US citizen or permanent US resident who will be enrolled full-time in fall 2019 in an accredited community college or university (undergraduate or graduate), earning credits toward a degree (associate, baccalaureate, or graduate).
How to Apply
All applications must be filled out and materials received via the form below by July 15, 2019. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified by email or phone by September 1 of 2019. Scholarship funds will be disbursed to the college or university by the end of September of 2019.
- Special Criteria:
- This Years Essay
Write an essay on the following topic:
Your friend was falsely accused of a sexual assault. What steps would you advise them to take? Include a quick background story to what happened and add at least one legal advice.
Format And Expected Standards
Please follow these guidelines:
1. The Essay has to be 1,500 words or less.
2. Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: www.wordpress.com.
3. Include at least three “clickable” links to authoritative sources. At least one of these has to go to an article on Keller Law‘s blog. We added some below to get you started. Feel free to use different posts from our blog archive as well. Please note that the link to kellerlawoffices.com must be “clickable,” meaning that it is not enough to simply cite to the post. (Quick tip: In order to make a link clickable, highlight the entire link, click “Command + K” on your keyboard).
4. You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website and the blog post must be set to “public”.
5. The work must be your own.