2018 Advocacy for LGBTQ Scholarship from Bespoke Surgical (ID 3803)
- Start Date:
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community have always faced discrimination and stigmas in the United States. Attitudes have begun to shift in recent years, but individuals still face hardships every day. At Bespoke Surgical, we believe that education and advocacy can make a difference. Sometimes individuals taking small steps in their lives can help affect change.
If you are currently enrolled in college or headed there in 2018 and want to win a $2,000 scholarship to help cover expenses, consider entering the Bespoke Surgical scholarship contest. Bespoke Surgical will award a $2,000 college scholarship to a highly motivated student who is socially conscious and can thoughtfully respond to the prompt below in 800 words or less.
- Min Age:
- Max Age:
- • You must be a graduating senior in high school, an undergraduate student in college, or a graduate student.
• The undergraduate or graduate program you’re attending must be located in the US Territories.
• You must be graduating high school or in college and between the ages of 16 and 28.
• We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
• Any and all content may be used in future Bespoke Surgical marketing.
- Special Criteria:
- The Prompt:
At Bespoke, we are proud to be a voice and an advocate for the LGBTQ+ community. We aim to promote acceptance and education for people of all sexual identities. In 800 words or less, tell us about the stigmas or discriminations towards the LGBTQ+ community that you have witnessed or faced yourself. Explain, in part, the steps society needs to take to change and what needs to be done to achieve that. Also explain how you can make a difference.
How to Enter:
• Answer the prompt above in 800 words or less, following all instructions in the prompt.
• The file name on your response to the prompt should be your full name and date of birth. (Example: John-Doe-12-20-1996.docx)
• Email the word document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with your response. Use the subject line: 2018 Bespoke Surgical Scholarship
• Submission must be received by midnight on August 31, 2018.