World Environment Day Scholarship (ID 3613)
- Start Date:
- The world has over 9 billion tons of plastic in it & this number is growing exponentially every year. Plastic is not bio-degradable and you know what pollution it causes.
Plastic is popular because it is both convenient and cheap. Whatever awareness programs are run people will continue to use it as long as there is no viable material to replace it.
The only way to reduce this pollution is to give people viable alternatives to plastic. For example, carrying your own clothing bag to a supermarket. People can even start making cloth bags with different colors and design so they are more encouraged to carry them, they can even be portrayed as a fashion symbol. One can even start a business centred on selling inexpensive designer clothing bags!
This is what DisposalXT is looking for. We are offering a one-time scholarship where the winner will get a reward of $1000. All you have to do is come up with a list of 5 practical ways people can replace the use of plastic. It won't be easy but this is something worth more than 1000 bucks.
- All students are eligible to apply.
- Special Criteria:
- • You must list at least 2 ideas, up to 5. 5 will be given more preference.
• The ideas should be practical to implement. It also should give people a reason to adopt it, like more convenient, fashion statement, cheaper etc. The threat of global destruction is less likely to work.
• Ideas which have a scope for business is given more weight.