Students Affected by Cancer Scholarship (ID 3445)
- Start Date:
- Ambient Edge is a top-rated air conditioning, heating & plumbing company serving Las Vegas and surrounding communities in Nevada and Arizona. A large part of our work involves removing contaminants from a home’s air or its water supply—including many contaminants that are known to cause cancer. In addition, many of us at Ambient Edge have been affected by cancer personally. We have seen coworkers; family members and treasured friends face this dangerous disease.
That’s why we’ve created the Ambient Edge Scholarship for Students Affected by Cancer. Our goal is simple: we want to help high-achieving students who have dealt with—or are still dealing with—cancer in any form. The scholarship will grant $1,000 to one talented, hard-working student to help them reach their dreams.
We understand that there are many ways for cancer to affect a life. Our scholarship is open to students who have been diagnosed with cancer themselves, as well as those who have stood by a loved one. Survivors, current cancer patients, and the allies of patients and survivors are welcome to apply. A single case of cancer can impact whole families or friend groups—often for years to come. We want to recognize this breadth of experience in our scholarship.
Our hope is that this scholarship will help a student overcome the unique challenges they’ve faced, and turn at least some small part of their cancer experience into a source of strength.
- Min GPA:
- Cancer Survivor or Family Member
- • You must be currently enrolled in, or were accepted to, an accredited college/university in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome, as are incoming first-year students.
• Your GPA is 3.0 or higher.
• You are either a current/former cancer patient, or have stood by a loved one who was diagnosed with cancer.
• You must submit a copy of your transcript, along with your application and essay (see below) by email at email@example.com.
- Special Criteria:
- You must write a 500-1,000 word essay on the following topic:
How did your experience with cancer change the way you look at your own life or the world around you? Did it affect your goals, or change the way you want to live your life? And how are you living up to that or pursuing those goals today? Tell us how your personal experience has shaped your broader approach to life, the people around you, and/or your career goals.