Bicycle Advisor Scholarship 2018 (ID 3301)
- Start Date:
- This year, we would like applicants to think about the impact a bicycle can have on students in underdeveloped countries.
For some, being able to obtain an education is out of reach due to the distance between their home and the educational institution. Organizations that send school supplies, make financial contributions or donate clothing are all invaluable to a student’s education in these countries, but many simply can’t attend because of the commute.
Bicycles are an affordable, eco-friendly mode of transportation that can benefit thousands of students across the globe. They are easy to use and easier to maintain than cars in countries where resources and repair services are limited.
Our passion for bicycles is what drives us to research and test products regularly, and we feel that by sharing the knowledge we gain, we can help busy consumers find what they need.
Whether it be the Best Hybrid Bikes, the Most Comfortable Bike Seat, or the Best Commuter Bike, we help cyclists of all ages and skill levels find the right gear so they can focus more on the road and less on the research.
We look forward to your application.
• U.S. Citizen
• Currently enrolled in a high school, college or university at the time the application is submitted.
• You have not received a scholarship from Bicycle Advisor in the past.
- Special Criteria:
- You must also submit an 800 to 1,000-word essay about the following topic:
• If you could donate 10,000 bicycles to students in an underdeveloped country, which one would it be and why?