ECMC Scholars program (ID 3051)
- Start Date:
- • Awards $4,000 to each successful ECMC Scholar for their first year of college
• Provides $2,000 to qualifying ECMC Scholars for their second year of college
- Most scholarship programs just hand out checks. We do more than that.
Our candidates go through a rigorous two-year mentoring program in their junior and senior years of high school. If they succeed in the program, they can earn up to $6,000 for college.
- Special Criteria:
- By reaching students early in high school, the ECMC Scholars Program gives students the skills and resources to realize their college goals. Developed for students in Oregon, Virginia and Connecticut, the ECMC Scholars Program:
• Targets students who have potential but not necessarily the best test scores or grades
• Gives students extra support during their junior and senior years
Pairs students with mentors who help them build strong study and social skills
We created the program with the Oregon, Virginia and Connecticut state departments of education to find promising students at designated, underserved schools. A committee of counselors, teachers and principals at each school oversee their school's unique program.
Each school sets the standards for their ECMC Scholars Program by:
• Establishing their own academic requirements for the program
• Choosing students to participate in the program
• Evaluating each scholar's performance
• Determining final eligibility for the award
• We are proud of all of our ECMC Scholars and honored by the hard work of all the educators at our participating schools.
Oregon ECMC Scholars
Since 2008, up to 80 graduating seniors each year have started college with stronger academic skills and $6,000. We have committed almost $5 million to Oregon ECMC Scholars. There are eight Oregon public high schools eligible to nominate ECMC Scholars.
Centennial Learning Center, Portland
Illinois Valley High School, Cave Junction
La Pine High School, La Pine
Madison High School, Portland
Milwaukie High School, Milwaukie
Pendleton High School, Pendleton
Willamette High School, Eugene
Woodburn High School, Woodburn