Kenneth P. Carp $1000 College Scholarship (ID 2119)
- Start Date:
- Helping college students meet the costs of their educational needs
As an attorney, St. Louis lawyer Kenneth P. Carp understands the value of a higher education. The ever rising costs of tuition and other expenses associated with college and obtaining a higher degree can place a tremendous financial strain on students and their families. For this reason, the Law Offices of Kenneth P. Carp is pleased to offer an existing or incoming college student a $1,000 scholarship to meet their educational costs. The winner of the scholarship will be determined through an essay contest, the details of which are detailed below.
- The Kenneth P. Carp college scholarship is open to individuals who are planning to attend or currently enrolled in an accredited United States college or university. In order to participate, applicants must submit a 500-word essay answering the following question:
When a homeowner is incapable of making the required mortgage payments, he or she can face the risk of a foreclosure. A foreclosure grants the lender permission to seize the property, evict the homeowner, and sell the home. Chapter 13 bankruptcy is one option a homeowner can take in order to avoid foreclosure proceedings. Based on your research, what does a Chapter 13 bankruptcy entail and what are the advantages and disadvantages the homeowner may face?
- Special Criteria:
- To apply, interested applicants should submit their response to the above question via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/31/19. In the body of their email, applicants should also submit the following information:
• Their name, address, phone number, and age
• If under 17, contact information for their parent or guardian
• The name of the institution they plan to attend in their upcoming semester
• Their anticipated course of study
Upon receipt, Mr. Carp and his associates will review the submissions and choose a winner based upon the following criteria:
• Responsiveness to the questions
• The quality of the writing
• The applicant’s demonstrated potential in his or her chosen field of study
Once submitted, the essays will be reviewed and judged based upon the above criteria. A winner will be chosen and notified via email on or around 1/31/19.