American Addiction Center's Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program (ID 2071)
- Start Date:
- First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $2,500
Third Place: $2,500
- AAC established these scholarship awards to provide financial assistance to college and graduate students pursuing careers in behavioral health and addiction—related studies. Students eligible for scholarships are those enrolled or will be enrolled in behavioral health, nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/ family therapy, or other program focusing on treating mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
In the form of a first-person essay, please answer the following question: (500 words max.)
In your chosen area of Behavioral Science study, what do you see as current challenges for getting individuals into addiction treatment? What are your suggestions for how to fix this problem?
- American Addiction Centers
- AAC Scholarship Director
- 200 Powell Pl
- 1/2 (6-8 Credits)
- 1) High school graduate as of Summer 2016
2) Open to full or part-time undergraduate or college graduate students
3) Must be entering or enrolled in behavioral health, nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/ family therapy, or other program focusing on treating mental health and/or substance abuse issues.