Berrien Fragos Thorn Arts Scholarships for Migrant Farmworkers (ID 1954)
- Start Date:
- Grants under $500.00
Grants up to $2,500.00 awarded semi-annually
- Funded by a bequest from Berrien Fragos Thorn, creative arts scholarships have been initiated in order to foster and encourage the creative talents of individuals with a history of migration to obtain work in agriculture. Eligible applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing further development of their talents in one of the following disciplines:
Visual-painting, sculpture, photography, etc.
Performing-dance, theatre, music, etc.
Media-film, video, animation, computer graphics, etc.
Literary-poetry, short stories, etc.
Crafts-traditional folk arts, furniture, weaving, pottery, etc.
- Geneseo Migrant Center
- Arts Scholarship Committee
- Michael Reho
- 3 Mt. Morris-Leicester Road
- (800) 245-5681
- Min Age:
- Fine Arts and Performing Arts
-Minimum 16 years of age
-Applicant need not be enrolled in school
-Because there is no essay required, the Letter of Recommendation is very important and should address the quality of both the applicant and the intended project.
-A history of movement to obtain work in agriculture is REQUIRED.
- Special Criteria:
- The deadline for the $2500 semi-annual scholarship is from June 1st and November 1