Frances Crawford Marvin American Indian Scholarship (ID 1941)
- Start Date:
- This scholarship is awarded once a year to one student. A candidate for this scholarship must be enrolled full time at a 2- or 4- year college or university.
Applicants must be Native Americans and proof of American Indian blood is required by letter or proof papers. Students must demonstrate financial need, academic achievement, and have a 3.25 GPA or higher. A recipient may reapply for this scholarship and be considered along with other members of the applicant pool.
The amount of scholarship is based on total return of the endowment, and may vary year to year.
- National Vice Chairman DAR American Indians Committee
- 638 Valencia Drive
- Boulder City
- Contact Notes:
- National Vice Chairman, DAR American Indians Committee 638 Valencia Drive Boulder City, NV 89005-1520
- Min GPA:
- Native American/Native Alaskan
- 1) Letter giving family history, financial status, and education objectives
2) Official copy of last semester transcript, or last transcript obtained and sent by previous school.
3) Three letters of recommendation from persons such as teachers, clergy, or others who have personally known applicant for a minimum of two years.
4) 4. Proof of American Indian blood as indicated by one of the following:
a. A card issued by a Tribal Council
b. A letter from the Tribal Council
NOTE: GPA 3.25 required, based on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent. No ACT or SAT scores are required.