Caroline E. Holt Nursing Scholarship (ID 1936)
- Start Date:
- A one-time $2,500 scholarship is awarded to three students who are in financial need and are accepted and enrolled into an accredited school of nursing.
Mail the completed application packet to the national vice chair of the specific scholarship for which you are applying. The application packet must be complete and arranged in the order listed below. ALL original transcripts, letters of recommendation and other required documents must be sent to the national vice chair of the specific scholarship postmarked no later than February 10 in a single package. Photographs will result in disqualification and should not be included. Scholarships are judged and awarded without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin or disability. The application package must be stapled or paper clipped in the top left hand corner not to exceed 15 pages. A separate application must be submitted for each scholarship. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NOTE: Application must be typed or computer generated.
• Scholarship Application (must be typed or computer generated – see box below).
• Statement of 1,000 words or less setting forth his/her career objectives (typed).
• Original transcript of high school (must indicate class rank, size, and test scores) or college grades (as applicable). Major must be indicated on original transcript where specific major required. Home schooled students include transcripts for grade 9 through current year must be sent with application.
• All scholarships with a minimum grade point average (GPA) are based on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent GPA on the scale used by the applicable educational institution.
• Letters of recommendation (at least two but not to exceed four from high school or college now attending). Letter should cover applicant’s ability, work habits, integrity, character, potential, and volunteer activities.
• List of extra-curricular activities, honors received, and scholastic achievements (one side of 8 1/2'' x 11'' paper).
• Photocopy of United States citizenship: birth certificate, naturalization papers, or information page of U.S. Passport. Cover your photograph if you are submitting a copy of naturalization or passport pages.
• Financial Need Form: when called for by a specific scholarship (typed or computer generated).
• Self-addressed, stamped postcard.
- National Vice Chair Caroline E Holt Nursing Scholarship
- Nelly Shearer
- 368 Stanley Ave
- Contact Notes:
- Mail completed scholarship application form to: National Vice Chair Caroline E. Holt Nursing Scholarship 368 Stanley Ave Shenandoah, VA 22849
- Financial Need:
- Open to students who are in financial need and either have been accepted into or are already enrolled in an accredited school of nursing.