Geneva Rock Scholarship (ID 3965)
- Start Date:
- Geneva Rock Products, Inc. is excited to announce the launch of a scholarship essay contest in support of students dedicated to building the future. Through this scholarship, Geneva hopes to inspire more passionate and hard-working individuals to enter and progress in the construction and related engineering industries.
- To be eligible, applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited university, college, trade or vocational school. Scholarship applicants must be in pursuit of construction-related careers including, but not limited to: Construction management, civil engineering, business, and commercial/professional sales. Students involved in trades such as welding, diesel tech, heavy equipment operations and building tech are also welcome to apply. High school seniors are eligible to apply, but must be enrolled in one of the previously mentioned institutions. All applicants must have received, (or be in the process of attaining), their high school diploma or GED. All applicants must be U.S. citizens, or be a legal permanent resident with work eligibility status.
- Special Criteria:
- Any student who fits the eligibility requirements listed above can apply for the Geneva Rock Scholarship. To enter, students must answer all three questions below, using complete sentences. Applicants must hit the indicated word-count parameter for each question: The construction industry, and its numerous affiliated-professions, are dedicated to building and connecting the world.
• Why have you chosen a career path in the construction industry? (200 words max)
• What role do you feel that the construction industry has in the future of your community? (200 words max)
• Discuss a time when you built something. Did you enjoy it? What was your favorite part of the process? How did you feel after the project was complete? (200 words max)
• What area of the industry intrigues you the most? Describe your ideal career.
To apply, students must first submit their essay as a PDF, Word or .mpg, including their full-name, contact information, home town, affiliated institution and desired degree/certification. Secondly, students must include a live-action photo of themselves working on a construction-related project.
Students must sign and submit a Content Contribution Agreement as part of the application packet.
All application documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.