Atomic Makeup Scholarship (ID 3696)
- Start Date:
- Ensuring that underrepresented individuals have opportunities to access higher education is important to us. Atomic Makeup is committed to furthering the preparation of minority students with interest in the field of cosmetics and/or entrepreneurship. The maximum amount of the award will be $1000.
- • Applicant must be a United States citizen or legal resident living in the United States.
• Applicant must have been accepted and will be attending a two-year associate's OR four-year bachelor’s degree program in an accredited United States college or university in the Fall of 2018.
• Applicant must be a member of a minority group that is underrepresented in the fields of cosmetics and/or entrepreneurship (i.e., African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander).
• Applicant must plan to pursue careers in a cosmetics-related field and/or entrepreneurship.
- Special Criteria:
- • Applicant must provide a Personal Statement (maximum 500 words), including personal history, educational/career goals, and extra-curricular activities. The Statement should also answer one of the following questions:
• Why is vegan makeup better than regular makeup? Why?
• How would you promote inclusivity in the world of cosmetics?
• If you found out that one of your suppliers tests their ingredients on animals. What would you do? Why?
• Who is someone in the world of cosmetics that you look up to? Why?
• If you had to launch your own cosmetics in any city in the U.S., which city would you choose. Why?
• Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a teacher or academic adviser). Letters may be sent by postal mail or by e-mail attachment, and the name of the student should appear in the subject line of the email.
All required materials, with the exception of any sent by postal mail, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.