The Law Office of Cohen and Jaffe LLP Scholarship Program (ID 3369)
- Start Date:
- First prize: $1,000
Second prize: $500
Third prize: $250
- The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Scholarship Program is designed to help high school students (upon graduation from high school) or college students who are interested in attending an institution of higher education. We value education as a vital foundation for creating fulfilling, advantageous careers. We are proud and excited to help students achieve their goals of furthering their education.
- ELIGIBILITY – APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
• Be accepted to an institution of higher learning.
• Be graduating high school or receiving GED within 9 months.
• Scholarship program available to students entering their first year of undergrad only.
• Employees of the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, Consultwebs.com, Inc., their boards of directors and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
- Special Criteria:
The following documents must be provided for consideration (.doc, .docx, or .pdf format only) to the attention of Richard Jaffe via email only to Scholarship@cohenjaffe.com.
• An official copy of a current academic transcript.
• Proof of legal residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, permanent resident card, etc.).
• Proof of acceptance to an institution of higher learning. Should a winner be chosen that is still waiting on an acceptance letter, candidate will have until June 15th to provide proof of acceptance before forfeiting the prize.
• A one-page essay of no less than 500 and no more than 750 words on one of the following topics:
1. Write about a significant situation in your life that has caused you to change your outlook and behavior on life. How did this situation cause you to make a life change? How have you used your experience to help or educate others?
2. Distracted Driving remains a significant issue in New York and throughout the United States resulting in numerous car accidents, severe injuries and death. Explain the severity of the issue, the dangers and risks associated with distracted driving, include facts and statistics and laws that have been implemented in order to deal with the issue. Also include personal stories of what you have done to be an advocate and spread awareness on the dangers of texting and driving.
3. It is estimated that 1.7 million traumatic brain injuries occur each year. We understand the devastating effects of head injuries and we’re committed to aggressively representing victims injured. Explain to us the impact a TBI has had on your life. Your essay should relate your personal experience, and how you would like to educate others on the invisible dangers of a head injury.