Rosen and OHR Scholarship Program Annual Essay Contest (ID 3359)
- Start Date:
- Pursuing a college education is a costly endeavor for most students, especially those who are coping with the financial fallout from a serious accident. At Rosen & Ohr, we believe that an accident should never get in the way of one’s education, and because of this, we are continuing the Rosen & Ohr Scholarship Program this year.
Write an essay explaining in detail how a serious accident involving you, a family member, or a close friend has impacted your life. This could have been a car crash, a slip-and-fall accident, a work-related injury, or any other serious accident.
Explain how an injury from the accident has affected you or a loved one by:
• Limiting or restricting daily activities
• Affecting feelings and relationships
• Impacting finances
Your essay should be between 750 and 1,000 words. In your essay, you must include the name of the college you are applying to or are enrolled in and how you plan to finance your education (loans, grants, scholarships, work, etc.)
- The 2018 Rosen & Ohr Scholarship Program is accepting essays from students who have suffered injuries due to an accident or who have been impacted personally by a loved one’s accident. You must be a student enrolled in:
• Community college
• An undergraduate program
• Graduate school
*Note that you must also detail your financial need for the scholarship in order to be eligible.
- Special Criteria:
- All essays must be original. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
Please include in your scholarship application:
• Your essay in Word document format (.doc or .docx)
• A photo of yourself in .jpg or .png format (Optional—photo is for purposes of placing winner on firm website)
• A copy of your college transcript or other proof of enrollment
• A cover sheet with:
• Your name, address, and phone number
• A short paragraph describing yourself
• The name and address of your college
• A signature of your parent or guardian (if you are not yet 18)