AED Superstore $1000 College Scholarship (ID 1949)
- Start Date:
- AED Superstore is a nationwide distributor of automated external defibrillators and related accessories dedicated to increasing awareness and education around CPR and AEDs. AED Superstore is located in northern Wisconsin and operates under Allied 100, LLC. AED Superstore is offering its first bi-annual scholarship of $1,000 to eligible students.
- To be eligible, you must be a legal resident of the U.S. You must be either a college-bound high school senior or a student currently enrolled in an accredited university.
- Special Criteria:
- Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) claims over 300,000 lives each year, but still, many people are unaware of the dangers of this condition. Here are six other facts about SCA and automated external defibrillators (AEDs) you might not be aware of:
1) SCA can happen to anyone, at any time, regardless of age, race, or gender.
2) SCA affects roughly 16 people under the age of 18 every day.
3) Only 1 out of 10 people who have SCA outside of a hospital survive.
4) The survival rate for SCA victims decays by 10% for every minute without proper defibrillation; after 10 minutes, survival is negligible.
5) AEDs have voice prompts and will talk the rescuer through every step.
6) Under Good Samaritan Laws, voluntary rescuers are legally protected when aiding those in sudden cardiac arrest distress.
Select one of these six facts you were previously unaware of (and maybe shocked you!) or you wished more people knew about (if you already knew about all of these facts) and submit either a short essay or video which answers the following prompt:
For your chosen fact, address each of the following points:
• Tell us which fact you’re choosing, starting with “I didn’t know that…” or “I wish more people knew…”
• Recount your reaction to learning the fact
• Give us an example of how you might spread awareness at your school or in your community
• Submissions may be written or in video format. Written submissions must be kept under 500 words and videos must be under 3 minutes.
• If sending by email, make sure to use the following document naming format: LastName_FirstName_Fact#
• The deadline for all submissions is May 31, 2018. The next submission deadline will be November 30, 2018.
• To submit your essay or video, please submit our Scholarship Application Form. You can also email an attachment to email@example.com with your name and the name of the college you’re attending. If you are unsure of which college you might be attending, please indicate this with TBD.
• Winner will be selected and notified by January 1, 2018. We are currently reviewing the submissions received during our last scholarship period (which ended November 30, 2017): read about the winner of our summer 2017 scholarship here!