Asbestos.com Awareness Scholarship (ID 1824)
- Start Date:
- $3,000 (first place)
$2,000 (second place)
- Asbestos.com awards $5,000 in scholarships each semester to students who bring awareness to asbestos-related cancers.
Asbestos is a toxic mineral that causes mesothelioma, an often terminal cancer affecting more than 3,000 Americans annually. The topic you choose should bring light to the issues surrounding mesothelioma and help raise awareness about the disease, research, promising clinical trials, survivors and caregivers.
How to Apply
1) The essay must explore the mesothelioma topics listed in the rules. Please keep the essay between 750 and 1,500 words
2) When you've finished your essay, please fill out the online application and include your essay, picture and letters of recommendation.
3) Asbestos.com will contact finalists and ask them to request their official college transcript from their school and mail it to us.
- Scholarship Program
- Walter Pacheco
- (844) 274-6045
- Min Age:
- Full(12+ Credits)
1) Any undergraduate and graduate students
2) 18 years and older
3) Enrolled full-time in U.S. institution
4) Essay must be between 750 and 1,500 words
5) Two letters of recommendation
Deadline for Fall: Aug. 20, 2016