We the Future (ID 1802)
- Start Date:
- • Entrepreneurial: Design a marketing plan to promote “We The Future Contest.” Focus on one specific age group: Elementary School, Middle School, High School, College, Law School/Graduate School, Adult or Senior Citizen. Please email entry to:
• Speech: Topic is: “How one branch of the federal government (or the entire government) is exceeding its authority under the Constitution in the way it acts. Be specific – and tie it to a specific part of the Constitution: Article, Section and Clause.
1. Go to https://www.gopetition.com and post your idea as a petition.
2. Your speech will be to persuade people of the problem you are identifying, and to convince them to sign your petition. Speech must be no longer than 20 minutes and no shorter than 15 minutes. Speech should be recorded and posted to YouTube (640 x 360 minimum, HD preferred)
3. After acquiring some signatures from your family and friends, contact your U.S. Representative and your U.S. Senators, and make them aware of your petition. Please provide a list of which Representatives and Senators you contacted.
4. Your entry will consist of your emailed signed entrance form, the link to your petition, the link to your speech, a written copy of your speech, and any attached response you receive from an elected official regarding your petition.
• Song: “The Bill of Rights.” The song must be an original pop, country, rock, or other popular genre, song composition, lyrics and music, written by the student, no longer than 3:20. Song submissions should be uploaded to YouTube (640 x 360 minimum, HD preferred) or Vimeo (download enabled) and must include a video recording of the performance or a still photo with audio in background.
• Short Film: Subject is: “Why the United States Constitution is Relevant Today,” and must be an original film written and directed by the student. Up to two students may collaborate on and submit the short film. It must be no shorter than 5 minutes and no longer than 10 minutes in length.
• PSA: subject is “Why Citizens Should Know Their United States Constitution.” It must be 30 or 60 seconds in length, originally written by the student and recorded. Up to two students may collaborate on and submit the PSA. PSA submissions should be uploaded to YouTube (640 x 360 minimum, HD preferred) or Vimeo (download enabled).
- Constituting America
- We The Future Contest
- PO Box 1988
- Min Age:
- Max Age:
- - Must be enrolled in a college or university, carrying 12 hours or more, age 17 - 24.
- Sign up for the contest online.
and Notice to Parents,” approve of student entering, “check” parent statement on online form and
sign hardcopy form.
- College Students may submit: Entrepreneurial, Speech, PSA, Short Film, Song or STEM. All entries
that utilize copyrighted music, film clips or photos MUST obtain the proper licensing
permissions IN ADVANCE of submitting the entry, in order to be considered.
- Special Criteria:
- Submissions due no later than 11:59 p.m. September 17, 2016 to WeTheFuture2016@yahoo.com
with subject line “COLLEGE (INSERT CATEGORY ENTERING) ENTRY”