Formal admission into the School of Business is required.
1. Be formally admitted to SOU.
2. Complete at least 36 credits in General Education, including Wr 121, 122, Sp 111.
3. Complete the following non-business courses (some of these courses may also meet general education requirements): Econ 201, 202, Math 243 + one additional math class at 100-level or above.
4. Complete BA 131, BA 211, 213 (RCC students should also take BA 212).
5. A minimum 2.5 GPA in business courses is required for graduation.
6. Students must choose and complete one of the following five options offered by the School of Business: Accounting, Management, Marketing, Small Business Management, or Hotel, Restaurant, and Resort Management.
8. Students who intend to transfer to Southern Oregon University may choose one of the following options for this major:
a. Associate of Science (articulated with the Business program at Southern Oregon University).
b. Associate of Science - Oregon Transfer Degree-Business (ASOT-Business)
c. The Oregon Transfer Module (OTM).
Please schedule an appointment with the transfer specialist in Counseling (541) 245-7552 or see a faculty member in Business Technology (541) 245-7527 (Medford) (541) 956-7066 (Grants Pass) to review these options.
1. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.
2. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must meet freshman admission requirements.
3. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).
NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.
General Education Website
Transfer Equivalency Website