1. Students may apply for admission to the major when they have acquired at least 75 quarter credits. Applications are available in the department office.
2. Before requesting admission to the English and Writing major, students must complete the following: Wr, 121, 122 and Sp 111 or SOU USEM 101,102, 103;
3. Students must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and at least a 3.0 GPA in English and writing courses.
4. The degrees offered within this department include:
- BA in English and Writing with a concentration in one of the following programs: Creative Writing; English Education, Literary Studies, Professional Writing.
- BS in English and Writing with a concentration in Professional Writing.
- BA or BS In Art and Letters or Interdisciplinary Studies.
1. Students who are not completing the AAOT may want to consider the Oregon Transfer Module (see RCC advising guide) OR the SOU University Studies option. Click on the SOU general education link below for course requirements.
2. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.
3. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must meet freshman admission requirements.
4. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).
NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.
General Education Website
Transfer Equivalency Website