Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Southern Oregon University
Health and Physical Education
Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science

Required Courses

University RequirementRCC EquivalencyCredits
USEM 101, 102, 103 University Seminar Wr 121, 122 English Composition I, II and
Sp 111 Fundamentals of Public Speaking 
Bi 231, 232, 233 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Bi 231, 232,233 Human Anatomy and Physiology I, II or III w/lab
He/Pe 160 Majors Orientation No RCC equivalent. Take at SOU. 
He 250 Health & Society I He 250 Personal Health 
He 252 First Aid and Safety HE 252 First Aid/CPR 
HE 325 Nutrition NFM 225 Nutrition 
HE 275 Health & Society II No RCC equivalency. Take at SOU 

Students may earn a BA or BS in Health and Physical Education OR
BA or BS in Interdisciplinary Studies: Pre-Physical Therapy.

1. Students must be admitted to the major. Admission requires the following: Wr 121, 122, Sp 111 or USEM 101, 102, 103(take at SOU);
Bi 231, 232 or 233 with a minimum grade of C-.

2. A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for all coursework completed.

3. A GPA of at least 2.5 for all coursework completed in the major.

Additional Requirements:
1. Students who are not completing the AAOT may want to consider the Oregon Transfer Module (see RCC advising guide) OR the SOU University Studies option. Click on the SOU general education link below for course requirements.

3. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.

4. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must meet freshman admission requirements.

5. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).

NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.

Web Sites:
College Website
Major Website
General Education Website
Transfer Equivalency Website
SOU Catalog

Updated 3/27/12