Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Southern Oregon University
Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science

Required Courses

University RequirementRCC EquivalencyCredits
USEM101, 102, 103 University Seminar Wr 121, 122 English Composition and
Sp 111 Fundamentals of Public Speaking 
Bi 101 General Biology w/lab Bi 101 Introduction to Biology w/lab or BI 211 General Biology w/lab 
Math 243 Elementary Statistics Math 243 Probability & Statistics 
Psy 201, 202 General Psychology Psy 201, 202 General Psychology 
Psy 228, 229 Methods, Statistics, and Lab I, II No RCC equivalent - take at SOU  
Psy 211 The Psychology Major No RCC equivalent - take at SOU  

Formal admission into the Psychology major is required. Students will need to meet the following requirements:

1. Be formally admitted to SOU.

2. Apply to the Psychology department for advancement to major when the following courses are completed: Wr 121, 122, Sp 111, Bi 101 or Bi 211, Math 243, and Psy 201, 202, 211, 228 and 229.

3. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.

4. A minimum grade of C- for each psychology course counted toward the major (including math 243)is required.

Additional Requirements:
1. Students who are not completing the AAOT may want to consider the Oregon Transfer Module (see RCC advising guide) OR the SOU University Studies option. Click on the SOU general education link below for course requirements.

2. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.

3. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must also meet freshman admission requirements.

4. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).

NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.

Web Sites:
College Website
Major Website
General Education Website
Transfer Equivalency Website
SOU Catalog

Updated 8/26/15