Formal admission into the Psychology major is required. Students will need to meet the following requirements:
1. Be formally admitted to SOU.
2. Apply to the Psychology department for advancement to major when the following courses are completed: Wr 121, 122, Sp 111, Bi 101 or Bi 211, Math 243, and Psy 201, 202, 211, 228 and 229.
3. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
4. A minimum grade of C- for each psychology course counted toward the major (including math 243)is required.
1. Students who are not completing the AAOT may want to consider the Oregon Transfer Module (see RCC advising guide) OR the SOU University Studies option. Click on the SOU general education link below for course requirements.
2. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.
3. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must also meet freshman admission requirements.
4. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).
NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.
General Education Website
Transfer Equivalency Website