Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Portland State University
Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Science in Architecture (Architectural Project Management)

Required Courses

University RequirementRCC EquivalencyCredits
ARCH 120 Basic Drawing No RCC equivalency  
ArH 204, ArH 205 or ArH 206 History of Western Art ART 204, ART 205 or ART 206 History of Western Art I,II or III 
ARCH 200 Introduction to Architecture No RCC equivalency.  
MTH 111 College Algebra &
MTH 112 Introduction to College Math
MTH 111 College Algebra &
MTH 112 Elementary Functions 
ARCH 220 Design Drawing No RCC equivalency.  

Recommended Courses

University RequirementRCC EquivalentCredits
PHY 201, PHY 202, PHY 203 General Physics PH 201, PH 202, PH 203 General Physics 15 
ART 115, ART 116, ART 117 Basic Design ART 115, ART 116 ART 117 Basic Design 

NOTE: There will be changes to the Architecture program for the 2009-2010 school year. Please contact PSU for details.

1. This is a Bachelor's degree in Architecture with concentration in Architectural Project Management. This is a cooperative program with Clackamas Community College. Most of the first two years of coursework may be completed on the CCC campus. Students interested in transferring to PSU or CCC should consult with an advisor for all academic planning. Info may be obtained at PSU Dept. of Architecture, 503-725-8405 or at CCC's Building Construction department office.

Additional Requirements:
1. Admission to the first year of the program is open to all PSU students who select architecture as their major. Students must apply for admission to the final 3 years of the program. Acceptance is based on a competitive review of a student's academic record, a statement of intent, and a portfolio of creative work.

2. Students are strongly encouraged to transfer to CCC to complete the first year of this program since RCC does not offer the lower division coursework.

3. Students transferring with the AAOT have completed all lower-division general education requirements. However, students will be required to complete the University Studies requirements. This is a general education program that is specific only to PSU, and the courses required are based upon the number of transfer credits. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with a PSU advisor in the Community College Relations Office.

4.To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 in 30 quarter credits of transferable college work, 2.00 if OTM from a regionally accredited institution.

NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.

Web Sites:
College Website
Major Website
General Education Website

Updated 8/26/15