Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Portland State University
Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science

Required Courses

University RequirementRCC EquivalencyCredits
ART 204 or 205,& 206 History of Western Art ART 204 or 205, & 206 History of Western Art 
ART 115, 116, 117 Basic Design ART 115, 116, 117 Basic Design I, II, III 
ART 131 Introduction to Drawing
ART 132 Introduction to Drawing
ART 133 Introduction to Drawing 
ART 131 Introduction to Drawing

1. The following degrees are offered in Art at PSU:
a. Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with concentration in Drawing/Painting/Printmaking, Graphic Design, Sculpture.
b. Bachelor of Art in Art History, Concentration in Art History

2. Two years proficiency in a foreign language is required for a Bachelor's of Arts degree in Art History.

3. Admission to the department is based on general admission to the University.

4. All art and art history courses used to satisfy departmental requirements must be completed with a grade of C- or better.

5. For students transferring from other colleges, a maximum of 12 credits may be graded P and may be accepted in fulfilling art department requirements with approval from an art advisor.

Additional Requirements:
1. Students transferring with the AAOT have completed all lower-division general education requirements. However, students will be required to complete the University Studies requirements. This is a general education program that is specific only to PSU, and the courses required are based upon the number of transfer credits. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with a PSU advisor in the Community College Relations Office. For more information, call (503) 725-9546 or email at

2. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.00 in 30 quarter credits of transferable college work from a regionally accredited institution

NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.

Web Sites:
College Website
Major Website
General Education Website

Updated 10/15/15