Cost: $6,725 plus RCC tuition and roundtrip airfare* Based on 15-19 participants.
* $5000 Gilman Scholarship may be available to students who qualify for the Pell Grant. Check with your financial aid advisor for more information.
- Open to students of all ages (18 minimum) who have earned at least 12 college credits (before the trip begins) with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pay tuition for 12-15 credits through RCC in addition to program fee.
- Program fee includes shared bedroom in a British family home with continental breakfast five days weekly and full kitchen access, cultural activities and museum visits, guided day trips to Oxford and Stonehenge/Salisbury, three theater performances, a soccer match, a walking tour, access to low-cost student cafeterias at the University of London, computer and internet access, unlimited-travel London Transport pass for underground and buses, medical and program fee refund insurance.
- Financial aid can be applied to program (apply or revise your FAFSA as soon as possible)
- All students enroll in a 3-credit British Life and Culture course taught by London Faculty
- All students enroll in other academic courses to total at least 9 more credits.
Courses available will be selected from:
- Music Fundamentals
- History of Rock Music
- Understanding Music (19th and 20th centuries)
- possibly World History
With sufficient enrollment, we will include courses in:
- Folklore and Mythology
- Creative Writing: Fiction
- Introduction to Literature: Drama.
- All courses are fully transferable to your Associate of Arts Degree.
- PRICE $6,725 + COCC tuition (12 credits minimum) + Roundtrip Airfare (Portland-London-Portland) + taxes and fuel surcharges