Cost: $6475* Based on 15-19 participants.
* $5000 Gilman Scholarship may be available to students who qualify for the Pell Grant. Application deadline Oct. 6, 2009. Check with your financial aid advisor for more information.
Tour cost includes:
- Accommodations including a twin room in a home stay within a residential neighborhood.
- Orientation meeting and packet with half day sightseeing tour of London by private coach.
- Free access to Internet & Wi-Fi.
- A British Life and Culture course focusing on historical, political, economic & cultural aspects of contemporary Britain including related field trips.
- Weekly program of cultural activities that may include theatre performances, football matches,
sightseeing tours including a Jack the Ripper walking tour, and two full daytrips to Oxford and Stonehenge/Salisbury.
- Special membership to the University of London Union with access to clubs, societies, low-cost student cafeteria, & extra cost sports facility use.
- Access with borrowing rights to local libraries.
- On-site student and faculty services.
- Medical insurance.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
Tour cost does not include:
- PRICE $6,475 + RCC tuition (12 credits minimum) + $595 roundtrip airfare (Portland-London-Portland) +¬†fuel surcharges (estimated at $417)
- $250 refundable damage deposit.
- Textbooks and tuition fees to your college.
- Passport and visa fees if applicable.
- Field trips or excursions required by your instructors.
- Additional local or independent travel.
- Personal expenses such as laundry.
- Optional: $90 personal effects coverage & $65 medical insurance upgrade.
Three night, four day excursion to SCOTLAND!
- Cost of $595 includes train fare from London
- Hostel accommodations in Edinburgh
- Loch Ness and Isle of Skye with a three day guided bus tour to the highlands and inlands of Scotland
- Breakfast and evening meals included.