- To pursue the enterprise of learning with courage and generosity.
- To empower those we teach and serve by helping them develop and attain their goals.
- To expand access and service through program development and facilities provision.
- To reach students’ goals and program outcomes through appropriate assessment.
- To advance communication and interaction with our communities, build partnerships and maintain accountability.
- To communicate effectively and nurture ongoing development within our organization.
- To respect the dignity and diversity of each individual, providing equal opportunity in an open and safe environment.
- To establish budgets with the necessary funding to achieve our mission.
- To recognize that measured risk must be taken for our vision to be realized and to support those who venture toward these goals.
Adopted by RCC Board of Education 11/17/98
2000 – 2001
- RCC will maintain a major urban campus in downtown Medford.
- Tuition will remain at $45 per credit through the current biennium. No across-the-board fees will be assessed to students.
- Strategic planning efforts will be inclusive of the institutional evaluation and budgeting processes. The college will ensure effective and efficient use of its resources to help students succeed by committing to intra-divisional cooperation and collaboration in the development and delivery of any college services.
- By the year 2004/05, the college will have an enrollment of 6,000 FTE. This is based on a conservative growth rate on the low end of 5%, and on the high end, 10%. Our unduplicated headcount will rise to 24,000 students. This could translate to 10,000 per quarter attending RCC classes.
- For 2000-2001, enrollment is targeted to increase by 300 FTE.
- The RCC site in White City will be developed into a third campus offering comprehensive student services.
- A distinct program base will be established at each of our college campuses and centers.
- RCC will increase efforts in alternative access delivery through distance education, weekend classes, and stronger evening programs.
- RCC will increase efforts to enrich the learning environment for all its students through student services and student involvement.
- RCC will develop a stronger partnership with SOU and OIT.
- The college will strengthen its commitment to regional business and workforce development.
- RCC will increase its efforts to support students from minority populations, as well as those with learning disabilities or unique learning needs, as they seek training, education, and services at RCC.